Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me, Monday=o)

I'm going to try the 'Not Me, Monday'. I have been reading it on MckMama's blog for the past while and it is a lot of fun! Well, here it goes.......

Last week Wednesday, I did not have gall bladder surgery. I did not have to stay overnite because they weren't able to get the pain under control.

Now, seeing as I didn't have surgery, I didn't have a shower and brush my teeth just before going to the hospital. And then I most certainly did not wait until Thursday nite before finally brushing my teeth again. No, not me! And I DID NOT wait until Friday evening before having a shower and get cleaned up. Nope, not me. That would just be too disgusting to wait for over 2 whole days before showering.

I was not on pain medication and therefore did not get TOTALLY embarrassed that my ma saw my bare backside when going to the washroom in the hospital. And then again was not too drugged up to care that while staying overnite at ma and pop's, and just before having a shower, asking ma for a washcloth, and having her walk in with the door wide open just as I was about to walk into the shower. No, I certainly DID NOT care that my ma saw 'all' of me, fully undressed and just stood talking for a minute. Not me!

I did not get depressed over being house bound when I for the most part don't know how to relax. I mean, who doesn't know how to relax, rite? I most definitely didn't wallow in self pity tonite, being Monday, because I was all alone. Nope, what's the point in that?

And I most certainly did not ask my aunt to bring Crazy Bread from Little Caesars when she offered to bring something. Because we all know that crazy bread is not a good choice to eat after only eating soup and toast or grilled cheese for the past couple weeks. No, I would never do such a thing as give into a food craving=o)

Lastly, I did not do a load of laundry by myself today. And I did not leave it in the dryer to stay for who knows how long before it gets folded. Not me. My laundry is always done in an orderly fashion.

Well, hopefully you liked it=o) I did my best! And it was super fun too! Nothing like letting people know that you're crazy and are not the 'perfect' person=0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so fun to read Danielle! You got my day off to a good start ;)
So good to laugh. We visited your mom and dad Sunday night and she did not seem to scarred by the backside thingy happening to her :o)
Sue

Mel said...

I like these 'Not Me, Monday' posts. Such fun...

Taunya said...

glad you got the surgery done Danielle. feeling any better these days? or is there still an ulcer? to answer your question on my blog, yep we were home last weekend and the pics were taken at my parents place.
funny post. I've been there before too - waiting for a towel from the midwife after a shower and getting over the embarassment pretty quickly, what else can you do but laugh about it eh? good post